Sometimes it’s hard to understand the desire of women to constantly change something in their appearance, but the fact remains: the owners of straight hair by nature passionately dream of curly curls, and curly girls by hook or by crook try to straighten these curls, so that the effect remains forever . Fortunately, the modern beauty industry can fulfill both desires.
So, what types of hair straightening for a long time exist at present?
Modern hairdressers use three main methods: chemical, Japanese and keratin. In no case can they be used independently, but you should definitely do this procedure in the cabin. There are also several folk remedies that give a less lasting result, but they can be applied at home. But first you need to consider professional techniques.
Permanent hair straightening: chemical method
Briefly describe its essence, then this is a perm, only with the opposite effect. The process itself is as follows: the chemical composition is applied to the strands along the entire length, then it is treated with a special fixative, and at the end - with air conditioning.
As the active substance, sodium hydroxide or ammonium thioglycolate is used. The first acts more severely, but the result will last up to four months, the second is softer in relation to the hair, but the effect is less durable. But in the first and in the second case, the substance penetrates the hair shaft itself, completely changes its structure, increases the volume. And the strands become silky. This procedure thickens and aggravates each hairline, as a result of which each under its own weight straightens.
The price of this procedure in the cabin ranges from 4000 to 6000 rubles.
Fortunately, there are more gentle chemical methods of how to do hair straightening for a long time. Among them is the following.
The whole secret lies in the miraculous drug cystiamine. It penetrates much further than the aforementioned substances, namely, the molecular structure of keratins themselves. That is, unlike the previous method, where the curls straighten by force, cystiamine at the molecular level makes them seem to want to straighten. As a result, there are no side effects, but on the contrary, the appearance of the hair improves significantly, since cystiamine is rich in proteins.
The procedure is as follows: a composition with the notorious cystiamine is applied to the strands, then it is thoroughly washed off. Now the treated hair is ready for subsequent manipulations. It all depends on the thoroughness and accuracy of the master. He must take strand by strand, stretching them as much as possible. After such an effect, the result cannot but please: even very curly curls will become completely even.
It turns out that this hair straightening for a long time is simply perfect, because there is no harm, and the result will be fixed for as long as six months. During this time, the procedure can be carried out on overgrown roots. Plus, unlike other chemical methods, after the Japanese method, there are no contraindications about hair coloring. But you need to have from 10,000 to 15,000 rubles when going to the salon.
How to straighten hair with an iron
The most popular way to straighten hair quickly is to use a hair straightener.
Although it is easy to achieve perfectly even curls with its help, such a tool is not recommended to be used too often because of the danger of hair damage. They can become brittle, dry and lose their luster.
Here's how to straighten your hair with an iron:
Turn on the iron, warm it to about 120 degrees.
Take a small strand (approximately 2-5 cm wide) and pinch between the plates. No need to touch the iron close to the hair roots, otherwise it will damage them and may cause burns.
Run the iron along the length of the hair while maintaining medium pressure. If the hair is very fluffy or curly, closer to the top, iron with a few times in jerky movements, and then slide along the remaining length.
Repeat the process with the other strands.
How to straighten hair with an iron: basic rules
Do not use the iron on wet hair., as it seriously damages the hair and can even cause a burn.
Before applying ironing, it is best to let your hair dry naturally, but you can speed up the process with a hairdryer.
Use thermal protection agentto reduce hair damage due to exposure to heat.
Do not heat the iron to a temperature above 180 degrees if your hair is thick, and above 160 degrees Celsius if it is thin.
Do not run on the same strand more than onceIt will harm the beauty of your hair.
If you are a professional in hair straightening, choose a ceramic coated iron. Such a device, as a rule, acts softer and less often burns hair.
If you have more experience, and you need a more powerful tool, you can buy a tourmaline iron that ionizes the hair, gives it shine and reduces fluff.
Do not use the iron every dayto keep the beauty of your hair longer. It is best to resort to this tool no more than 2 times a week.
How to straighten hair with a hairdryer
A more gentle way to straighten hair is to use a hair dryer. For straightening you will need hair dryer, round comb and thermal protector.
Before you straighten your hair, comb them to untangle the curls. You can also slightly moisten them for a more effective result.
Separate wet hair into small locks and, starting from the roots, pull them with a round brush along the entire length.
Direct hot air down so that your hair does not fluff.
Repeat with the rest of the strands.
Keratin hair straightening at home
Keratin straightening - This is a procedure aimed at restoring damaged hair, replacing proteins that your curls have lost due to chemical exposure. Due to the effect of keratin, the hair becomes soft and smooth, shiny, and the hairs themselves do not stick out and do not fluff.
The procedure, which can be quite expensive and lengthy, is most often performed in the cabin. There are also ways to do keratin straightening at home.
You should immediately make a reservation that when using this method you need to use an iron, and if you do not want to expose your hair to hot appliances, you may need to use other means.
How to straighten hair with keratin at home
1. Wash your hair with shampoo.
For greater effect, you can choose a shampoo with keratin. If you have straight hair, wash your hair twice; if you are the owner of very curly hair, add at least one more wash to this. This is necessary in order to wash away all residues of styling products, dirt and other foreign substances.
Do not use the air conditioner and make sure you rinse your head thoroughly.
2. Apply keratin
Using a towel, gently pat your hair to remove excess moisture. Apply keratin to curls, starting from the tips and up, not reaching a few centimeters to the roots. Gently massage your hair.
3. Leave the product on your hair.
After you apply the keratin straightener, you need to carefully distribute it through the hair using a comb with wide teeth. Put on a shower cap and leave it on for 30 minutes or more depending on the recommendations. After the time has passed, rinse the product well under cool water.
4. Dry your hair and straighten it with an iron
Dry your hair with a hairdryer, combing it. After drying, divide the hair into separate strands and fix the keratin, going ironing each strand separately. The strands should be small and thin enough so that the heat is distributed evenly.
5. The next washing of the head in no less than 48 hours
Wait 48 hours before washing your hair next time. This time is necessary for keratin to penetrate the hair shaft. Do not tie your hair with an elastic band and do not tuck your ears all this time. It is also not recommended at this time to go to the pool.
How to straighten hair without a hairdryer and ironing
There are several tricks with which any girl can achieve straight hair without burning them with a hairdryer or ironing. Of course, most of them will be most effective for owners of thinner, slightly curly curls.
For those with naturally curly curls, it will be difficult to achieve perfectly even hair, but several methods can be combined to achieve the desired result.
1. Dry your hair with a cold hairdryer
It is known that the use of hot air blower damages the hair shaft, while cool air has the least impact.
If you already know how to achieve even and smooth hair by drying the hair dryer with hot air, try switching to cold air.
Dry your hair in the air to a semi-dry state and divide the strands into fragments, as usual. Use cool air during drying, but do not keep the hair dryer in place, constantly moving it from the roots to the ends of the hair.
Keep the hair dryer about 15 cm from the hair.
This method will not be much longer than usual, but for greater effectiveness, you can use a straightening serum or indelible hair conditioner.
2. Wrap the hair around the head
Hair wrap is one of the popular ways to straighten hair without using hot hair styling.
This method is quite simple and suitable for different types and lengths of hair.
Scarf or head scarf
Comb your slightly damp hair with a comb with frequent teeth and separate them in the middle in the middle.
Comb the left part of the hair to the right and wrap the hair around the head, stabbing them with invisibility.
Comb the hair on the right side to the left and wrap around the opposite side of the head.
Let the hair dry. Fasten everything with a silk scarf or turban for the head if you are doing a wrap overnight.
3. Curl your hair in large curlers
Oddly enough, but curlers can be used not only for winding, but also for straightening hair. For this purpose, curlers with a diameter of 4.5 cm or more are suitable.
With their help, the hair will be straight and voluminous, and will gain a healthy shine without the use of hot appliances.
Divide the slightly damp hair into strands the size of the width of the curlers and wind the strands onto the curlers, pulling them slightly.
You can fix them with invisible or clips on each side.
After drying, remove the curlers and comb your hair
4. Use hair straighteners
Now you can find a lot of products, starting with shampoos, indelible conditioners, hair sprays in order to make your curls perfectly even. Try products designed for straight hair or for easier styling.
All means for straightening can be divided into several types:
Serums and Creamsusually used after washing hair. Keratin smoothing serums cover hair strands, making them slightly heavier and straightening curls. After application, the hair can be dried with or without a hairdryer.
Sprays apply to both washed and dry hair. Many smoothing sprays also have the additional effect of thermal protection, protecting against a hot hair dryer and ironing.
Oil to straighten hair not only smooth hair, but also restore its structure, nourish and give it shine.
5. Comb wet hair until dry.
After you have washed your hair, let the hair dry in the air, but continue to comb it every 5 minutes. Pull and hold each strand lightly for a few seconds so that they straighten better.
This method is more time-consuming, but if you want to avoid exposure to hot air, you can try.
6. Tie the hair in ponytails
For this method, the hair should also be slightly damp. You can also use some hair oil to moisturize, such as argan oil or tea tree oil.
Comb your hair with a wide-toothed comb to get rid of any tangles.
Divide the slightly damp hair in two in the middle.
Tie two low ponytails with soft rubber bands, but not too tight. Do not use regular rubber bands with metal parts, latex and other elastic materials made of hard material.
Comb each tail again. Tie extra elastic bands along the length of the ponytail every 2-3 cm. This will keep the ponytails in place and prevent them from twisting at night.
In the morning, remove the rubber bands and comb the hair with a comb.
7. Tie your hair in a bun
If you have fairly docile and generally straight hair, this method is best for you.
Make a high ponytail from slightly damp hair and twist like a rope.
Wrap the “rope” around you to make a bundle and secure with an elastic band.
Let dry and comb.
If you go to bed with wet hair, try sleeping on a satin pillowcase. This will reduce friction with the hair and give your hair more smoothness.
Masks for hair straightening at home
In order to achieve the smoothness of your curls, try to pamper them with masks that can be done at home.
Hair masks restore hair proteins, so that wavy hair is better straightened, the strands become smooth and shiny.
These home masks contain natural substances and, in addition to alignment, have a positive effect on the entire structure of the hair.
Olive oil and eggs
With this simple mask you can straighten wavy hair over night.
Mix half a cup of olive oil with 1 egg and mix the ingredients.
Divide the hair into strands and apply a mask to each strand.
Cover your hair with an old T-shirt or shower cap and leave it overnight.
Wash off the mask with cool water and shampoo in the morning, and you will get magnificent straight and silky hair.
Repeat the procedure every two weeks.
Milk and Starch
Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon and mix it with 3 tablespoons of starch. Shuffle to get rid of lumps.
In a small saucepan, heat the milk with olive oil over medium heat until you get a creamy consistency.
Add to it a mixture of lemon and starch and mix quickly until it thickens to a cream.
Cool the cream and keep it in a transparent jar in the refrigerator.
Divide the hair into strands and apply cream to each strand. Cover your hair with a shower cap and let it sit for 2 hours. Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
Repeat this procedure once a month to consolidate the effect.
This mask not only straightens hair naturally, but eliminates split ends and gives hair softness, shine and removes hair fluff.
Aloe vera gel and coconut oil
Aloe vera is also great for naturally straightening hair. This plant is rich in enzymes, thanks to which the hair becomes smooth and soft, while promoting hair growth. The ingredient penetrates the hair shaft, moisturizing and smoothing it.
Mix a quarter cup of aloe vera gel and coconut oil.
Apply to hair and leave mask for 40 minutes or overnight.
Wash off the mask with mild shampoo in cool water.
You can also straighten hair easily with regular milk.Pour some milk into a spray bottle and apply on hair, leaving for 2 hours. After that wash your hair.
This method will help you keep your hair smooth in between using masks that you apply once a month.
Use beer shampoo or regular beer to wash your hair. Beer contains substances that not only straighten hair, but also give it volume and silkiness, as well as enhance hair growth and improve their condition.
To get rid of the specific smell of beer, add a few drops of essential oils, such as: lemon, almond, lavender.
To rinse your hair, mix room temperature beer (60 ml) with an equal amount of water and 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to get rid of the smell.
This tool should be used no more than 1 time per week, since alcohol in beer can dry hair.
Honey, Milk and Banana
Mash a ripe banana and mix it with a little honey and milk so that there are no lumps. Apply the mask to the hair and leave for 2-3 hours.
Then rinse with warm water, and enjoy smooth and beautiful hair.
Mayonnaise and Shampoo
Another way to straighten hair in a natural way.
First, wash your hair to get rid of excess fat.
Mix 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise and 2-3 teaspoons of dandruff shampoo.
Apply the mask to wet hair and leave for 2 hours, covering the hair with a shower cap.
Rinse off with warm water, comb your hair and dry as usual.
Your hair will become brighter and smoother.
Gelatin Hair Straightening
To achieve the effect of shiny and even hair, many women visit beauty salons. But if there is neither time nor opportunity to undergo this rather lengthy procedure, you can use a gelatin hair mask.
Gelatin contains collagen, which completely envelops the surface of each hair, forming a protective film. Thanks to this, the hair becomes thicker and larger. In addition, gelatin perfectly moisturizes and nourishes your curls.
In order to achieve the desired effect, at least 3 procedures must be performed. It is best to apply this mask while washing your hair. Remember that the effect of straightening and lamination accumulates, and as a reward you will get silky and smooth hair with a unique shine.
- Packaging gelatin (any)
- Boiled and chilled water to room temperature
- Any mask or hair balm
- Hair cap
Take any container and mix 1 tablespoon of gelatin with 3 tablespoons of water. If you have long hair, triple the amount of ingredients. Mix everything thoroughly.
Cover the container and let the gelatin swell for about 15 minutes.
Wash your hair and apply the balm as usual, then rinse. Pat your hair with a towel until it is slightly damp.
Check the mixture with gelatin. Gelatin should completely dissolve. If lumps are present in the water, slightly warm the mixture in a water bath, stirring occasionally.
Add half a tablespoon of balm or hair mask to the gelatin mixture until the consistency of thick sour cream.
Apply the mixture to slightly damp hair, retreating a few centimeters from the hair roots.
Put on a hair cap and a towel on top and leave the gelatin mask for 15 to 45 minutes.
After that, rinse the gelatin mixture with warm water without shampoo.
After several procedures, you will notice that the hair has become smoother and smoother.
Taming hair is no easy task
Curly hair is not so easy to pacify. They have to be constantly laid and braided to look neat. In addition, after laying, high humidity can easily reduce all efforts to nothing. Therefore, the question often arises as to whether curly hair can be straightened forever. And often it seems impossible to perform this procedure, because stubborn curls do not want to become even. But in our article we will consider several ways to tame obstinate curls.
Of course, there are quite a few such methods. To make the straightening quality and without harm to the hair, it is worth contacting a professional. To straighten hair forever in the salon, you need to consult a hairdresser who will evaluate the condition of the hair and choose the most suitable way. Do not rely on the fact that the regrowing hair will be straight, and the effect may also not be as long-lasting if some conditions for care after the procedure are not observed or because of the individual characteristics of the hair.
Keratin hair straightening for a long time
This method is quite clear and simple. Often, such a procedure is done not so much for straightening, but for giving your hair a healthy and well-groomed appearance, and especially to restore split ends.
The fact is that our hair is mainly composed of natural keratin - a complex protein containing amino acids. Its concentration ranges from 85% to 95%. Keratin is responsible for the elasticity, smoothness and integrity of the hair. But from improper nutrition, stress, frequent perms and dyeing with dyes containing ammonia, the hair loses this protein and becomes brittle, brittle, thin and dry. They also lose weight and begin to curl.
The keratin straightening procedure compensates for the deficiency of this component, saturating it with all the voids and damaged edges of the cuticle. The hair scales again begin to fit snugly against one another, as a result of which the locks become smooth and straight.
The most popular today are two types of keratin straightening: Brazilian and American. They differ in the chemical composition that is applied to the hair, and the procedure itself is similar. In general, you will have to pay from 5,000 to 10,000 rubles for the service, depending on the length.
In addition to the main component - keratin protein, formaldehyde is included in the rectifying composition. This substance is quite toxic, has a negative effect on the respiratory system and skin. In the process of hair straightening, it evaporates. In fairness, it must be said that in the Brazilian composition it is only a small fraction, but the fact remains.
Technologists from the United States created a chemical composition without toxic formaldehyde, which gives flawless hair straightening for a long time. The price, of course, is higher, but if we talk about health, it is better not to save.
Keratin Straightening Steps
First, the hair is cleaned of dirt, grease and styling products. Then along the entire length, except for the roots, a straightening composition is applied, which is dried with a hairdryer. Then the master with a hot iron straightens every little strand. Keratin, like any protein, tends to curl from exposure to hot temperature. Now keratin seems to be sealed in the hair. This was the goal of this process.
How long does keratin hair straightening keep the result? On average, from 2 to 4 months.
Is it possible to do hair straightening for a long time at home? Here, folk recipes come in handy, where the active ingredient is natural ingredients. Here are a few of them:
- A hot mask of colorless Iranian henna is applied to the strands along the entire length. If the hair is healthy, then it can be kept all night (up to 8 hours). But if the ends are split and the hair itself is dry, then no more than 3 hours. Then the mask is thoroughly washed off.
- You need to cover each strand with warmed hair oil (castor, burdock or olive), put on a plastic cap or wrap your head in a towel, and rinse off after 1 hour.
- Using a cotton swab, apply apple cider vinegar, leave for half an hour, then rinse. But it is only suitable for normal and oily hair. For dry mask can not be used.
True, making hair straightening for a long time at home is almost impossible. The effect of the use of such masks lasts a maximum until the next shampoo.
Of course, there is a simple and affordable alternative to salon hair straightening. This is an iron. He quickly evens out naughty locks, and using it is as easy as shelling pears.
Which way is better
What do those who have already tried straightening their hair for a long time say? Reviews speak in favor of the Japanese method. Unlike keratin straightening, which lasts from 2 to 4 months, this method is 2 times more durable. If we talk about harm to the body, then neither the Japanese nor the American keratin method has any negative consequences. Of course, everything also significantly depends on the professionalism of the master.
But in general, the Japanese methodology is the undisputed leader in terms of safety and effectiveness.
The essence of keratin straightening
Under the influence of high temperatures, a composition based on liquid keratin or silk, as it is often called, penetrates into damaged areas of hair, seals them, turning into a protective coating. In this way, the hair receives treatment and external protection, which prevents the negative impact of the environment, and as a result brittleness, split ends, dryness, dullness, and, as a big bonus, provides perfect straightening.
The whole point of the procedure is to simultaneously restore and straighten curls by saturating the hair with liquid keratin and other useful substances. Keratin straightening is temporary in nature and is not able to change the structure of hair, after several months the composition is washed out and the hair returns to its usual state. Therefore, do not be upset that you part with curls, in any case, sometimes you can allow yourself to do curls.
How is the procedure
As a rule, this is a salon procedure, of course, it can be performed at home, but there is no guarantee that the effect will be identical. Therefore, if you do not have a hairdresser’s friend with a red diploma, then it is better to entrust your hair to a professional master with proven cosmetics.
Keratin straightening takes place in several stages and takes 1.5-2.5 hours in time, depending on the length and density of the hair:
- Cleansing hair and scalp with a specialized shampoo revealing hair scales.
- Drying hair and thorough combing.
- Processing strands composition.
- Drying hair with a hairdryer and heat treatment with an iron at a temperature of 230 C to fix keratin.
- Usually this is the end of the procedure in the salon, but some brands of keratin formulations include cleansing the hair by washing with shampoo and re-drying with a hairdryer.
The price of the procedure depends on the brand of the composition of “liquid silk”, the condition of the hair (the more damage it is, the more keratin is required), their length and density. If you will constantly maintain the result, then over time, the composition for straightening will require less and less.
How long does the effect of the procedure last?
As we already wrote, keratin straightening is temporary and depending on the initial state and natural structure of the hair lasts from 2 months to six months.
The procedure has a cumulative effect, so the masters recommend conducting it in an annual course, every 2-3 months. You will notice that each time the result will become better and better.
- The composition for keratin straightening contains a minimal amount of aldehydes (substances used for organic compounds with keratin groups), therefore the negative effect of chemicals on the hair structure is completely excluded.
- Hair restoration from the inside.
- Shine and radiance.
- Instant long-term (up to six months) straightening even after perming.
- The ability to curl hair without losing the effect of straightening, which returns after washing the hair.
- Combination with staining 2 weeks before or after the procedure.
- Easy combing and quick styling just after blow drying.
- Suitable for any type of hair.
- The effect of straight hair does not disappear even after rain.
- Protection from the negative effects of the environment: sun rays, cold, city dust, gassed air and wind.
- Lack of fluffiness and electrification, which is especially important in winter when wearing hats.
- Ease of correction.
- Weighting hair. With long curls, hair can begin to fall out.
- Rapid contamination and loss of volume, which is a consequence of the need for frequent washing of hair. Immediately we say that this is not worth doing, so the effect of the procedure will quickly fade away. Wait for the hair to adapt.
- Depending on the composition used, sometimes you can’t immediately wash your head right away, you should wait from several hours to 3 days. Be sure to check this moment with your master.
- Isolation of harmful hair during heat treatment with an iron during the procedure, which causes discomfort and tearing.
- Possibility of allergic reactions.
- The procedure is contraindicated for pregnant and lactating mothers.
- Keratin straightening can not be carried out with damaged scalp.
Care after keratin straightening
In order for the effect to persist for a long time, it is necessary to follow the simple rules of post-care.
The first few days:
- Do not collect hair with rubber bands, hairpins, hairpins, do not braid, give them freedom. Otherwise, creases will appear, which then will not disappear.
- Do not use styling products.
- If necessary, not my head is exactly as much as the composition requires, your master will tell you about it.
- Use a specialized shampoo. It must be sulfate-free.
- Get keratin hair care products besides shampoo: mask and rinse aid. Use the first one once a week, this will be enough. It is better if the cosmetics are of the same brand as the composition of the straightener. Often they are sold in stores, or look in specialized stores, in the mass market you run the risk of running into a fake.
- If you swim in the pool or at sea, use hair protection.
- Protect your hair from direct sunlight.
- If you decide to paint, wait 2 weeks and be prepared for the fact that the color can be a tone lighter. Please note that the paint must be ammonia-free.
- Repeat the procedure as you lose effect.
First, we will briefly consider all straightening methods in order to know their main features. Among this variety you need to choose the most suitable for you. Be sure to consider the features of both your body and hair. After all, keep in mind that you can not only put your hair in order, but also harm them if you do everything wrong. To date, the following methods are most popular in salons, allowing you to straighten your hair once and for all:
- Chemical. Perm, but the result is the opposite. It lasts about three to four months. Ammonium thioglycolate or sodium hydroxide is used. These agents are effective, but very aggressive. They change the structure of the hair, making it smooth and straight, while at the same time thinning it. After chemical straightening, it is worthwhile to pay special attention to the choice of hair repair agents and their daily care.
- Japanese. This method is also chemical, but the most effective and safe, in addition, the result is a little longer than from the rest. Therefore, among women who would like to make their hair straight forever, the Japanese method is the most popular. As a result of this straightening, you can get healthy smooth curls. The thing is one of the main components of the rectifying composition - cystiamine. It contains a large number of proteins that nourish the hair, contribute to their treatment and improve appearance. The smoothing composition penetrates deep into the molecular structure of keratins, changing bonds.This leads to the fact that even the strongest natural curls straighten. In addition, the Japanese straightening method has another advantage that distinguishes it from the rest - the composition varies depending on the condition of the hair.
Chemical straightening method
The chemical method gives a result of up to 3-4 months, sometimes less, of course it depends on the quality of the method and on the structure, as in all other methods. This method is similar to perm, familiar to many, but with the opposite result. The necessary substances are applied to the hair, then with a special composition these substances are fixed and processed with air conditioning. For this, ammonium thioglycolate and sodium hydroxide are used.
Sodium hydroxide is a very aggressive substance from a number of alkaline, deeply penetrating into the hair, changing its structure, softens and increases the volume of its cover. Hair after this procedure becomes fluffy and silky and completely straight. At first glance, everything is very good, but this method is very harmful, and after that they become dry, brittle, lose their elasticity, the hair shaft becomes very thin. Restorative remedies will slightly improve this not very good situation.
Instead of sodium hydroxide, there is the possibility of using another drug - ammonium thioglycolate, it acts more sparingly, but the effect lasts not so long.
Japanese straightening method
This method was developed in the early 2000s, but to this day it is the most effective, long-lasting and safest way to straighten curls, despite the fact that it is also chemical.
If you ask the question: “How to straighten hair forever?”, Then it is the Japanese method that will give a more suitable answer, because only regrown hair will need such a treatment.
Japanese straightening is flowing straight strands, without any damage, unlike the first method described.
Moreover, using the Japanese method, damaged hair is restored. The fact is that the composition for processing includes a unique preparation cystiamine, rich in proteins, which contributes to both treatment and improvement of their condition.
A special straightening composition does not penetrate just inside the hair, but into its molecular structure of keratins and changes the bonds in it. As a result, even natural curls become completely straight.
The Japanese technique has two important advantages: a marked improvement in both the appearance and their general condition, and straightening for a long time.
Three types of Japanese straightening
The composition of the chemical elements of the Japanese method varies depending on the type of hair: natural unpainted, damaged, dry and colored - a specific composition is selected for all of these types.
The procedure of this method is quite simple, but the more experienced the master conducting it, the more high-quality the result will be. Hair is covered with a special composition for straightening, after a while it is washed off, then the most critical stage of straightening begins. The master pulls out each curl, trying to completely straighten it, and this is a rather long procedure. If this is done qualitatively, the result will exceed all expectations.
Repeat the straightening procedure for 6-8 months only on regrown hair. And all this time they will be perfectly smooth.
The Japanese technique differs from the usual chemical in that the hair is not damaged. Due to the fact that the structure is fully restored, they can be painted and built up.
The effect of keratin straightening is from 2 to 4 months, depending on the straightening composition and type of hair. Healthy, shiny, smooth hair is the result of the method that we will talk about in this part.
Healthy hair is 88% keratin, a complex protein. With an unbalanced or insufficient nutrition and stress, keratin molecules are damaged, destroyed, and hair lose elasticity, shine and smoothness. Hair scales cease to fit snugly together, hair breaks and breaks.
Keratin straightening is the saturation of hair with this same keratin. It fills with itself all the empty space in the structure of the hair, restoring it.
There are a lot of manufacturers of keratin straightening composition, but Brazilian and American formulations are in great demand. A large number of good reviews from customers using these formulations confirm this. The technology of hair straightening and the essence of both compositions are similar. But the main difference between the Brazilian composition is the low formaldehyde content. And this chemical agent is released in the form of steam when heated.
American composition and stages of the procedure
The composition for American straightening is positioned as a non-formaldehyde, safe and healthy remedy. The American composition is usually a little more expensive than the Brazilian.
Straightening technology consists of three stages:
- cleansing the hair of dirt, dust, excess grease and styling residue, after which the hair itself becomes more susceptible.
- applying a composition of protein and keratin (the master selects this composition according to the type of hair) along the entire length, departing from the roots by several millimeters. And with this composition, the hair is dried with a hairdryer, non-hot air, using a large brush.
- small locks are straightened with an iron heated to 230 degrees. Under such temperature influence, keratin protein is sealed in the hair, curling up, the structure that was previously damaged is restored, a smooth layer appears, which gives shine.
The effect is achieved immediately, but the completion of the necessary processes in the structure lasts about 3-4 days, and at this time in no case should you wash and subject the hair to deformation. We are talking about hairpins, rubber bands, various clips, even wearing caps is undesirable.
If you are accustomed to constantly dyeing your hairstyle, then it is better to carry it out before the procedure. An added bonus is the increased durability of the color, as its pigments will be “sealed” inside the hair for a long time. After receiving the procedure, you should give your hair a break for two weeks.
Keratin-straightened curls require special care - keratin-enriched masks and sulfate-free shampoos. For at least four months, your hairstyle will look perfect, pleasing smoothness and shine.
Keratin straightening is an expensive pleasure. Its price depends on the length and ranges from 3,000 to 15,000 rubles. But this does not stop girls and women striving for healthy beauty. As noted by those who made keratin straightening, the result is worth it.
This article talks about several types of straightening for a long time: one is more expensive, the other is cheaper, some kind is more effective, the other is less, the same applies to possible hair damage. Which method to choose, if necessary, to make hair smooth and beautiful, is up to you.
Japanese style straightening
There are three types of straightening according to the Japanese method - for natural unpainted, dry and damaged, as well as colored hair. The procedure itself is carried out in several stages:
- Hair is covered with a specialized composition that is washed off after a certain time.
- The straightening stage itself. The master combs every curl, stretching it as much as possible, until completely straightened.
The result lasts 2-4 months. The duration of action depends on the condition of the hair. When straightening, the hair is saturated with keratin, it smoothes their structure, filling all the hollow spaces. As a result, the hair becomes not only straight, but also healthy, elastic and strong. Keratin-based formulations are available in Brazil and America. The most popular is the American compound, since it does not contain formaldehyde, which affects its cost, making it higher than that of a Brazilian manufacturer.
Keratin straightening is carried out in several stages:
- Shampooing, hair cleansing. So the hair will become the most susceptible to the straightening composition.
- A straightening agent is applied in an individually selected ratio of protein and keratin. The hair is processed along the entire length indented a few millimeters from the roots. At the same time, the hair is dried with a hairdryer using a comb with rare teeth.
- Small strands straighten with an iron at a temperature of 230 degrees.
- The effect is fixed within 3-4 days, while the result of straightening and smoothness of the hair becomes immediately visible.
What to do after straightening?
After you have aligned your hair in the salon forever, you should carefully consider the advice of specialists. The correct fulfillment of simple conditions within 3-4 days after the procedure will provide a long result:
- You can not wash your hair, you should avoid high humidity and even prevent sweating.
- You can not comb your hair until its structure is completely changed.
- It is not allowed to pin hair. You can not use elastic bands, hairpins, hairpins and other tools to create hairstyles.
- If possible, hats should be avoided, as wearing them can also affect the final result.
Why choose a salon?
If the hair still curls after the keratin straightening procedure, this may mean that one session is not enough. Therefore, it is worth contacting your hairdresser for advice. Unfortunately, it also happens that when straightening the tips are badly damaged, and then they begin to curl, while the strands are smooth along the rest of the length. In this case, the burned ends must be cut and, if necessary, repeat the procedure.
Procedures in beauty salons are most preferred for those who are puzzled by the problem of whether it is possible to straighten hair forever. As for carrying out such procedures at home, the desired effect is not always obtained. There are a lot of difficulties when trying to straighten hair. It is about them that we will talk later in our article.
Get straight hair forever at home is almost impossible, although in the vast network you can find many articles and tips on this topic. Most home-based methods require daily styling. In order to facilitate this often laborious process, owners of curly hair need to take care of special products for daily care.
The composition of shampoos, masks and conditioners must include components of plant origin, which will make the hair heavier, making the straightening process easier. These include coconut oil, argan oil and ceramide.
Means for styling should also be chosen guided by the composition - they must necessarily contain keratin. In addition, all gels, mousses and other styling products in the arsenal of a girl who wants to straighten curly curls should have a smoothing effect.
But if you try to do it yourself?
Those who do not want to spend money on expensive procedures will be interested to learn how to straighten hair forever at home. It is worth noting that this will require some skills. At home, naughty curls can be pacified by mechanical and chemical influences.
The mechanical effects include:
- hair dryer
- compositions for lamination,
- smoothing agents (shampoos, balms, sprays).
Straightening with an iron
Frequent use of the iron can lead to fragility, so it is very important to follow some rules when using it:
- Only washed hair is cleaned, cleaned of dirt and styling products.
- Before proceeding with the procedure, it is necessary to apply thermal protective compounds to the strands.
- Hair should be dry. You can dry them in any of the ways - a hairdryer or naturally.
- Divide hair into small locks.
- Lift one strand and place the iron at its base, then close and quickly hold it down. Repeat the same with the rest until the desired straightening effect is achieved.
- If after completion of the procedure the hair began to magnet, then this will easily fix a small amount of hairspray.
Straightening with an iron can severely damage the hair, then they will have to be cut and reconstructed. For this period, the use of any styling devices that are exposed to high temperatures should be excluded.
Hair Curler Straightening
And now let's talk about how to straighten hair forever at home using the old, but effective way - curlers. This method gives a short-term effect, but at the same time the styling will look natural and neat. It is performed as follows:
- Wash curls with a shampoo with a straightening effect.
- Apply conditioner and rinse off after a specified time. The best option would be if the funds used belong to the same series.
- Blot hair with a towel and apply mousse for volume.
- Lower your head down and comb the hair well with a comb of wood, then blow dry, blow the jet vertically down.
- Divide the hair into small locks and curl the curlers.
- Take a hairdryer and wait 30 minutes.
- Remove the curlers and tilt your head forward so as not to lose volume at the roots, and then fix the result with varnish.
This method does not require any special devices, although the presence of brushing (a large round brush) will be very useful here.
But the emphasis would be on how to straighten hair forever at home. After all, not every woman is able to visit beauty salons constantly. Of course, during the straightening, a lot of preparatory work needs to be done. Let's look at the sequence of operations when straightening with a hairdryer:
- Wash your hair with shampoo.
- Blot hair, removing excess moisture.
- Apply hot styling protection and straightening balm.
- Parting from one ear to the other and stabbing the upper part.
- Divide the lower part of the hair into small locks.
- Dry your hair with a hairdryer and brushing, directing air flows down.
- After all the lower strands are processed, proceed in the same way to the processing of the upper ones.
- Fix the result with a silicone-based gloss shine.
When laminating, you can use not only specialized compounds purchased in hairdressing salons, but also familiar food gelatin. The result is smooth and obedient hair, whose condition has become noticeably better.
Gelatin lamination is carried out in several stages:
- Wash your hair with shampoo, then with balm or conditioner.
- Remove excess moisture with a towel.
- Cooking gelatin. To do this, pour 30 g of dry edible gelatin into cold water and wait for it to swell completely, then warm the mixture in a water bath until all the lumps dissolve, otherwise the hair treated with this product will stick into a lump and fix it without any help difficult.
- A little balm is added to the gelatin mixture.
- The prepared composition is applied to all hair, avoiding contact with the roots.
- The head is wrapped in polyethylene and covered with a towel.
- After 40-50 minutes, wash off with cool water.
Frequent use of gelatin in hair care gradually heals them and makes them more beautiful. Now you know how to smooth your hair forever with gelatin. There are no difficulties in the procedure, but you will have to work a little to achieve the result.
Home Keratin Straightening
In order to resort to this method, you need to purchase a special composition in a hairdressing salon.Proper use of keratin will help strengthen hair, smooth it and give it a healthy look, even if they were previously permed. The procedure is as follows:
- Washing hair with shampoo, towel drying.
- Preparation of keratin mixture according to the instructions, after which it is poured into a spray.
- Separation into thin strands, then treatment with a straightening compound.
- Comb combing.
- After 10 minutes, the hair is dried with a hairdryer and pulled out with a round comb, then they are ironed at a temperature of 200 degrees.
As well as after the salon, do not wet, comb and braid your hair for three days, so that the effect does not come to naught.
Without the use of special tools
Hair straightening with the help of products from a professional hairdresser’s store, of course, will not help to straighten curly hair forever, but it will still give a very stable effect. Such tools include:
- Shampoos with ceramides. Vegetable oils in their composition will help straighten naughty curls, making them a little heavier. Unfortunately, they do not give full straightening, despite their cost.
- Straightening creams. Curls not only become a little heavier, but also provide additional protection from the external environment and hot styling. Such creams nourish the scalp and saturate it with useful substances.
- Sprays After applying them, the hair is laid with a hairdryer. Too frequent use is not recommended, as the strands become brittle and tarnish. But you must know how to straighten hair forever without ironing with a spray. Be sure to follow the instructions for use.
- Serum for smoothing. They give a longer effect than other products, while healing the hair. They are easy to apply - just use the serum after washing your hair and not rinse off.
A little bit about men's hair
Not only women, but also men have naughty curly hair. Yes, a strong half of humanity also asks the same question: how to straighten a man’s hair forever. Any of the above methods will help in this, since they are universal and not intended only for girls. Therefore, you should not take drastic measures and cut your curls as short as possible, but just get acquainted with a rather long list of salon and home procedures and tools that can easily pacify even the most naughty curls.
Before you straighten curly hair forever, it is worth experimenting with the appearance, because not everyone has straight and smooth hairstyles. When choosing a salon or cosmetic product for the procedure at home, it is worthwhile to carefully study the reviews about the masters, various techniques and compositions. It does not matter, curly hair, wavy or straight - if they are burnt by chemistry and various styling tools, they will look ugly, and will create an unkempt look. Now you know how to make your hair straight forever or at least for a long time.